Release Notes for Mendeley Desktop v0.9.8.2Download the most recent Mendeley Desktop version
This update includes a number of improvements to the Microsoft Word and OpenOffice.org plugins, citation formatting and the PDF viewer.
- (Windows) New interface for quickly inserting citations from Mendeley into Microsoft Word documents and editing existing citations. The 'Insert Citation' toolbar button in Microsoft Word now brings up a dialog in Word which you can use to quickly search for references by title, author or publication year and insert them as in-line citations.
- Added a 'Send via Email' option to the right-click menu for documents. This provides an easy way to send the details of a document and a copy of the attached files to a Mendeley or email contact.
- (Mac) Support for Microsoft Word 2011.
- Added a 'Highlight Rectangle' tool in the PDF viewer which can be used to highlight non-text parts of PDFs and PDFs where text selection is not supported.
Improvements to Existing Features:
- Added Undo and Redo support to the PDF viewer.
- Pressing Enter in the search box in a PDF viewer tab now jumps to the next match.
- Added the ability to get a link to the Mendeley catalog version of any article in your library. Right-click on the 'View research catalog entry for this paper' badge in the Details pane and select 'Copy Link'.
- Fixed a number of bugs resulting in 'requested citation index out of range' messages appearing in Word and OpenOffice.org documents.
- Fixed a number of problems with various aspects of citation formatting:
- Fixed problems handling custom styles with Windows-style line endings.
- Fixed authors missing in the BibTeX citation style.
- Fixed incorrect output with some styles for documents using the 'Report' type.
- Fixed option to include URLs in formatted citations only for web pages not being respected if the citation selector dialog was shown from Word.
- Fixed a number of problems relating to disambiguation of citations when citing multiple documents with the same first author and year.
- Fixed 'Date Accessed' field not appearing in formatted citations if required by the current citation style.
- Fixed a problem where re-positioning a sticky note was not synced correctly in some situations.
- Improved stability of Word and OpenOffice.org plugins.
- (Windows) Fixed a problem that could cause the software to freeze whilst downloading files from the web during sync or the file organizer to get stuck whilst organizing files.
- Added a facility to detect and repair corruption in the search index.
- Reduced startup time for very large libraries.
- (Mac) Show a confirmation dialog before removing field codes.
This will be the last release of Mendeley Desktop to support Mac OS X 10.4 and PowerPC Macs.
Feedback and Support
- PDF technology powered by PDFTron.
- Portions of this product © 2008 Glyph & Cog, LLC.
- Fugue Icons by Pinvoke.
- Silk Icons by FamFamFam.
- Social Network Icons and buttons by Komodo Media, Rogie King.
- Word/LibreOffice plugins use code © Zotero / Center for History and New Media / George Mason University.
- CSL and citeproc-js for reference formatting.
Mendeley Open Source Library
- The Mendeley Open Source library contains code derived from Qt or kdelibs, and some Mendeley-authored utility classes.