Release Notes for Mendeley Desktop v0.9.9-r34441Download the most recent Mendeley Desktop version
This update brings an improved interface for inserting citations in Microsoft Word for Mac and OpenOffice.org. It also adds a facility to produce a report of all annotations in a document.
- (Mac) New interface and keyboard shortcuts for inserting citations in Microsoft Word for Mac.
- New interface for inserting citations in OpenOffice.org on all platforms.
- Added a tool to create a PDF report containing all annotations for an article. When viewing a PDF, go to File → Export PDF With Annotations.
Improvements to Existing Features:
- Abstracts and DOIs are now imported from RIS files.
- Added a 'Day' field and enabled it by default for Newspaper articles.
- Support import of file attachments from EndNote XML documents generated by RefMan.
- Tools → Options → Document Details now defaults to showing fields for the type of document which is currently selected in Mendeley.
- Reduced application startup time.
- The 'Short Title' field in Mendeley is now mapped to the 'shortTitle' variable in CSL files.
- Fixed incorrect document counts appearing in the status bar after removing documents from a group.
- Fixed a problem which could cause files downloaded on-demand not to be indexed for full-text search.
- Fixed curly-braces being added around certain author names in exported EndNote XML files.
- A warning is now displayed when saving documents in OpenOffice.org if the current default document type is .doc as this may lose information about Mendeley's citations.
- Fixed a crash on Windows when certain shell extensions are installed.
- (Linux) Fixed problems saving data when Mendeley's Qt plugins were mixed with system-wide Qt libraries.
- (Linux) Fixed possible hang on import when using Mendeley with Qt 4.7.
Mendeley Desktop's log file is now called log-YYYY-MM-DD.txt (where YYYY-MM-DD is the current date) instead of log.txt and this file is no longer cleared after submitting a crash report.
Feedback and Support
- PDF technology powered by PDFTron.
- Portions of this product © 2008 Glyph & Cog, LLC.
- Fugue Icons by Pinvoke.
- Silk Icons by FamFamFam.
- Social Network Icons and buttons by Komodo Media, Rogie King.
- Word/OpenOffice plugins use code © Zotero / Center for History and New Media / George Mason University.
- CSL and citeproc-js for reference formatting.
Mendeley Open Source Library
- The Mendeley Open Source library contains code derived from Qt or kdelibs, and some Mendeley-authored utility classes.