Mendeley Desktop v1.12.1
This release adds the ability to print papers directly from Mendeley Desktop, along with any annotations that have been added.
- Print with Annotations - Use File -> Print... to print papers directly from Mendeley Desktop. Enable the Print annotations option to include annotations added in Mendeley's PDF viewer.
- Mark as Read: Documents are no longer automatically marked as read as soon as you open them. Instead the document is only marked as read once it has been scrolled most of the way through and has been opened for a reasonable period of time, dependent on the length of the document.
Bug Fixes in 1.12.1
- Matching of papers in your library to the Mendeley catalog in the 'Details' pane is now faster and more reliable.
- Fixed crash when viewing Related Research for a collection of papers.
- Fixed crash when using Help -> Check for Updates multiple times in the same session.
- Fixed a bug that could cause PDFs to become corrupted when exporting with annotations.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the current scroll position within a PDF to be reset when switching tabs.
- Fixed BibTeX export generating invalid citation keys when the first author's surname contained apostrophes.
- When printing, more space is kept for notes to be displayed in the left margin.
- Fixed an issue where style update availability indicators were not correctly displayed in the Citation Styles dialog.
- Editing a metadata field does not make the cursor jump back to the beginning of the line anymore.
- Fixed an error when generating citations for documents where individual author names contain commas.
- 'Check for Duplicates' is now faster in large libraries.
- Fixed possible crash when using literature search repeatedly.
- Fixed possible crash when viewing document details.
- Fixed an issue that could cause file attachments not to sync properly if a document had multiple file attachments and a very long title.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when importing documents.
- Fixed a crash when updating installed citation styles.
- Fixed citation rendering under 32-bit Linux systems.
- Fixed an issue where dialog buttons were unusable in the 'Send via Email' dialog.
- Fixed an issue where pressing Ctrl+C in the PDF viewer whilst the mouse/trackpad was still held down copied a citation for the current document instead of the selected text.
- From this release onwards, the Mac version of Mendeley Desktop requires a 64-bit Mac (all models built in late 2006 or later) running OS X 10.6 or later.
- From this release onwards, the Linux version of Mendeley Desktop requires Ubuntu 12.04 / Debian Wheezy or an equivalently recent Linux distribution.
- Annotation icons in the margins of printed pages are clipped when printing with certain printers.
- The annotations sheet is only included in print output when printing the whole article, not when printing only a subset of pages from the article.
- PDF technology powered by PDFTron.
- Portions of this product © 2008 Glyph & Cog, LLC.
- Fugue Icons by Pinvoke.
- Silk Icons by FamFamFam.
- Social Network Icons and buttons by Komodo Media, Rogie King.
- Word/LibreOffice plugins use code © Zotero / Center for History and New Media / George Mason University.
- CSL and citeproc-js for reference formatting.