Mendeley Desktop v1.13.2
This release fixes an issue introduced in Mendeley Desktop 1.13.1 where tags would be re-ordered whilst the user was editing them and also a common crash when closing PDF viewer tabs.
- Fixed tags being re-ordered whilst they are being edited.
- Fixed a crash when closing PDF viewer tabs.
- Fixed occasional crash when clicking badge that links to the catalog page for an article in Mendeley Desktop.
- Fixed an error when attempting to refresh a document in LibreOffice if the document had been originally created by a different Mendeley user.
- Display better progress information when syncing files and annotations.
- Added additional diagnostics to help us monitor sync failures and issues opening certain PDF files.
- Fixed parsing of arXiv IDs from papers that were uploaded to arXiv from January 2015 onwards.
Mendeley Desktop 1.13
This update features improved metadata quality for imported PDFs and existing entries in your library via matching against our research catalog. Sync has been overhauled and is now faster and uses less bandwidth for large libraries.
New Features and Improvements
- Improved metadata quality - Mendeley will now match imported PDFs against our research catalog and pull in metadata from it. This provides more accurate and complete details for many papers, including full abstracts and publication information for millions of articles.
- Update document details using the Mendeley catalog - You can now bulk update details for articles in your library with metadata from the Mendeley catalog in a couple of clicks. Select entries in your library, right-click and select Update Details.
- Faster and more data-efficient sync - Syncing large libraries is now faster and shows better progress information. Sync now also uses much less bandwidth.
- Fixed issue that could cause extra spaces or new lines to be added in the notes field when syncing.
- (Ubuntu) Added instructions to /etc/apt/sources.list.d/mendeleydesktop.list on how to switch between stable and pre-release channels
- This release re-introduces support for certain older Linux systems, including CentOS / RedHat / Scientific Linux 6.5
- PDF technology powered by PDFTron.
- Portions of this product © 2008 Glyph & Cog, LLC.
- Fugue Icons by Pinvoke.
- Silk Icons by FamFamFam.
- Social Network Icons and buttons by Komodo Media, Rogie King.
- Word/LibreOffice plugins use code © Zotero / Center for History and New Media / George Mason University.
- CSL and citeproc-js for reference formatting.