Scientist/Sr Research Scientist, Sample / Compound Mgmt
At AstraZeneca, we work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the upmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing. We continuously forge partnerships that help pursue world-class medicines in new ways, combining our people's exceptional skills with those of people from all over the globe. As a Scientist / Senior Scientist: Discovery Sciences - Sample Management, you will be expected to receive, maintain, format and distribute inventory from AstraZeneca's compound and biological collections. You will interface with all areas of drug discovery research; therefore, you should have a strong customer service orientation. This group primarily supports the North America region but also will partner with other Sample Management groups globally to provide efficient support across AZ and our partner organisations.
The Sample Management group works collaboratively to provide support within agreed service levels with a strong focus on our customers. We strive hard to understand what fits their needs best and to add value through our services. The Sample Management facility and service is leading edge and to maintain this position we actively seek ways to improve our process or exploit new technology
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
To be successful you must have a high aptitude for learning custom software for the processing, tracking and receiving orders. Most importantly, you should be highly organized and analytical in nature. Familiarity with industry software, specifically Titian Mosaic, is highly desirable. Having experience in handling and or managing human biological samples (HBS) is a plus.
- Process solid and liquid orders upon the request of AZ project teams, for distribution globally to AZ customers (internal/external) and collaborative contract research organizations.
- Receive and distribute Human Biological Samples (HBS).
- Rapidly address customer queries with regards to Sample Management
software, processes and capabilities.
- Collaborate with internal project teams in the development of unique solutions to meet customer needs.
- Perform pilot experiments in collaboration with customers, and interpret test results, prepare reports, and present findings.
- Implement, validate, and optimize experimental methods.
- Remain current in research / technological advancements and discovery programs.
- Expertise with analytical balances is expected
- Expertise with Tecan liquid handlers (software/ hardware) expected
- Expertise with ECHO 555 preferred
- Expertise handling biologics is strongly preferred
- Familiarity with automated liquid compound stores
- Experience with Titian Mosaic software a plus
- Candidate should hold at least a BS / MS in a life science / engineering related field, with 5 or more years of relevant experience.
- Previous knowledge and experience (>2 year) of life science sample management is preferred.
- Experience in receiving, maintaining, formatting and distributing inventory from compounds, biologicals including Human Biological Samples (HBS) is preferred.
Next Steps - Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.