Research Assistant: Rotifer Genome Editing
Description: The Marine Biological Laboratory seeks a Research Assistant II or III to join the laboratories of Kristin Gribble and David Mark Welch in the Josephine Bay Paul Center. The successful candidate will help develop genome editing techniques, including CRISPR/Cas9, in rotifers, a novel aquatic invertebrate model system for studies of aging, neurobiology, developmental biology, ecology, and evolution. Specific goals of the project include designing guide RNAs, optimizing microinjection methodologies, phenotyping and genotyping mutant strains, and screening genes of interest.
Qualifications: Applicants should have a B.A., B.S., or Master’s degree in biology, cell/molecular biology, biochemistry, or a related field. This position requires proficiency and previous experience in basic molecular biology techniques, microscopy, microinjection, and CRISPR/Cas9 methodology. We are seeking an independent, organized, enthusiastic, and productive individual with robust problem solving skills. Excellent interpersonal skills, attention to detail, and a strong work ethic are essential. Position level and salary will depend upon education and experience. The ideal candidate will have working familiarity with RNAi and transgenic protocols. Proficiency in bioinformatics is a plus. Previous experience in established animal model or in non-model systems is preferred.
To apply: Visit http://www.mbl.edu/hr/employment/ to submit:
- Cover letter describing your research goals, specific interest in joining our group, and what you would contribute to the project
- Contact information for 3-4 references (Please do not send letters at this time; we will contact references directly).
More searches like this
- Agriculture & Biology Research Scientist US Dollars Full Time jobs in Woods Hole
- Medicine Research Scientist US Dollars Full Time jobs in Woods Hole
- Neuroscience Research Scientist US Dollars Full Time jobs in Woods Hole
- Biological Research Scientist US Dollars Full Time jobs in Woods Hole
- Immunology & Microbiology Research Scientist US Dollars Full Time jobs in Woods Hole