Doctor Training Scheme
Positions are now available for doctors to work and train in England. A new 12-month programme, combining general practice and psychiatry could help you develop the skills and competences to apply to the specialty training programme upon completion.
- Live in vibrant cities or beautiful rural locations.
- Train in different settings including hospitals or the community.
- Starting salary of over 30,000 pounds.
The Widening Access to Specialty Training (WAST) scheme is a 12-month programme, based in England that will typically involve:
- Six months in a psychiatry setting
- Six months in an acute hospital setting
- Two taster weeks within General Practice
Ideal for doctors wanting to become a general practitioner (family) doctor or psychiatrist in England, this is an opportunity to work for a year in England while receiving regular teaching and clinical exposure that will help to improve the skills and competences required for admission to specialty training through the national selection processes.
It is anticipated that doctors completing the scheme are able to better understand how to deliver good quality care in the NHS.
Financial relocation support package available for suitably qualified applicants.
Apply for Doctor Training Scheme
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly