Role: React Developer
Duration: 6 months
Start Date: ASAP
- Object oriented or functional programming style code
- Understanding of REST API
- Testing: Unit testing, TDD, functional testing
- UI/UX: Accessibility, responsive design, mobile design, cross browser development and modern HTML/CSS techniques like HTML5, CSS3 and CSS pre-processors like SASS and/or LESS.
- Source control: GIT and/or Mercurial
- Knowledge and experience of agile frameworks and practices: Scrum/Kanban, User stories, BDD/TDD, DevOps, Continuous Integration & Delivery, Pair Programming etc
- Application Lifecycle Management Tools: JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins (or similar), NexusPro (or similar)
- Functional Programming / OOP
- REST-ful web services
- Web application architectures and designs
- AWS (Lambda / API Gateway, Cloud formation, Dynamo DB & Kinesis)
Roles & responsibilities:
- Actively part of sprint planning, backlog grooming and task estimation.
- Elaboration of user stories (technical and functional) into design sketches and coding tasks.
- Hands-on design and development with a self-organizing and cross-functional agile team using techniques such as Test Driven Development (TDD) and Pair Programming
- Influence the design and technology stack and technical direction of the team.
- Champion and coach peers in software engineering best practices and best of breed technology.
- Working closely with the quality assurance team (technical testers) to identify risks and to support the development of complex test scripts.
- Ensure that the status of agile tickets worked on is updated promptly and highlight blockers in time to get them resolved.
- Creation of POC's / Spike development and active involvement in technology evaluation.
- Participate in regular showcases of new business capability to the product owners and other business stakeholders.
- Proactively help to resolve production issues and contribute to release management.
If this role sounds of interest and you require further information then please respond with an up to date copy of your CV.
Hydrogen UK Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.