STB Test Analyst
Test Analyst, Set top box, VOD,
I currently have multiple positions available for Test Analysts with experience in set top box testing. Please find the spec below.
Role: Test Analyst (STB)
Rate: £270 per day
Duration: 6 months
- Test Analyst, responsible for Functional Testing of Content Processing journey using Set Top Box features, applications and games.
Formulating application specific test scripts (in QC) to ensure they conform to agreed specifications;
- Testing of content processing including deployment journeys and encoding related tests. Validating the contents based on specs and verifying them on different STBs/TVs post successful ingestion
- Basic Regression Acceptance Testing (BRAT) of Set Top Box apps built by third parties;
- Raise quality defects in a timely manner and track them through to resolution (using QC and Bugzilla);
- Communicate Test Execution progress (as appropriate) to the Team Lead;
- Assuming no prior knowledge, demands aptitude to quickly develop sound working knowledge of new applications, typically required to test 3-4 applications a week.
Expert knowledge of:
- On-boarding of VOD content providers Content package delivery workflows comply with specifications
- Metadata validation content provider specific values
- Elementary stream validation using various Elementary stream analysing tools such Manzanita, Tektronix etc.
- Advert and Campaign validation and support
- Quality Control of video content (3 point checks, aspect ratio, encryption, device compatibility etc.)
- Operating a multitude of video playback applications including: web, Smart TVs, mobile devices and other Set Top Boxes (STBs)
- Video processing equipment - encoders, transcoders, multiplexers and packagers
- MPEG compression - MPEG2, H.264 and H.265
- Video streaming protocols (including Live streaming) and encoding and transcoding technologies - ABR, Adobe HDS, Apple HLS, MS Silverlight, MPEG DASH.
- IP network - TCP/IP protocols, routing, switching (OSPF, RIP, RIPV2, BGP)
- Audio processing, leveling and compression standards (MPEG, AC3, AAC) and techniques.
- Broadcast signals for acquisition, transmission and distribution
- MPEG / Spectrum analyzers, video quality measurement equipment for PSNR, DMOS, EMOS, QOE, audio loudness
- Digital video systems such as digital video infrastructure, signal simulcast, ad avail insertion, switched digital broadcast, digital TV service control functions, and interactive program guides (IPG)
If this position interests you please get I touch.
Hydrogen UK Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.