Chief of Staff to the Group Director Air Defence Missiles
An opportunity has arisen to provide executive-level business support to a Programmes Director and work as part of a multi-national senior leadership team. The Chief of Staff role provides support to a principal with the dual roles of Air Defence Missiles Group Director and UK Programmes Director, responsible for Programmes delivery to the UK customer.
The primary purpose of this role is to assist the Director to drive the efficient and effective delivery of MBDA’s Air Defence Missiles and UK Programmes. The Chief of Staff role covers a wide range of disciplines, enables engagement with senior stakeholders from multiple directorates and provides an opportunity to acquire a privileged understanding of the business.
The Chief of Staff will be expected to:
- Support the Group Director by providing analysis of programmes challenges, generating briefing material for senior meetings, ensuring governance for director-sponsored activity, and offering advice and recommendations as appropriate.
- Maintain an understanding of key issues within Air Defence Missiles and UK Programmes and provision of senior-assistance to the Group Director to ensure programmes remain on schedule.
- Propose, plan, and deliver projects and activities sponsored by the Group Director; this can involve leading and directing multi-disciplined and cross-directorate teams.
- Build relationships and manage stakeholder interfaces, both internally within MBDA and externally with suppliers, industrial partners, UK MOD, DGA and wider government at varying levels of seniority.
What’s in it for you?
- Provides exposure at a senior leadership-team level.
- Enables experience to be gathered from across UK and French projects.
- Offers the opportunity to work with autonomy across the business.
- Opens a wide spectrum of future senior opportunities.
- Affords an excellent vantage point to accelerate strategic understand of the business.
What are we looking for?
- Proven communication and management skills: running, organising and motivating teams.
- Ability to influence and present at a senior level.
- Professional, articulate, credible.
- Experience of managing complex, engineering-related programmes.
- Degree or equivalent in a business and/or engineering discipline.
- Experience of the Defence Sector would be desirable, and knowledge of MBDA, its competitive environment and the product portfolio would also be advantageous.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)
More searches like this
- Chemical Engineering Engineer UK Sterling Full Time jobs in Hertfordshire
- Engineering Engineer UK Sterling Full Time jobs in Hertfordshire
- Mechanical & Electrical Engineering Engineer UK Sterling Full Time jobs in Hertfordshire
- Civil & Structural Engineering Engineer UK Sterling Full Time jobs in Hertfordshire
- Aerospace & Automotive Engineer UK Sterling Full Time jobs in Hertfordshire