KTP Associate - Project Engineer (Hybrid Emissions)
p Job location: Laindon, Basildon, Essex
p The job - This is an exciting opportunity to implement academic research in a commercial setting and would suit someone with a strong electronics or control systems background with industrial experience who enjoys problem-solving and is motivated by understanding and exploring new ways of working. You will be investigating the use of mild-hybrid solutions with internal combustion engines, utilising simulation, testing and data analysis techniques, to optimise performance for real world fuel economy/emissions. Based in the company F-M CP Ltd, working in partnership with the University of Bath's academic team, the aim is to develop new products designed to meet emission targets.
p Throughout the project, the KTP Associate will play a key role in managing and implementing strategic developments in the business and transferring knowledge between the University and the business.
p The company - In November, 2017 Controlled Power Technologies became Federal-Mogul Controlled Power Ltd (referred to as F-M CP Ltd), a unit of Federal-Mogul Powertrain. Federal-Mogul Powertrain is a leading global supplier of technologies and components in the passenger car, light and heavy-duty commercial and off-highway vehicle markets, and also operates in the power generation, aerospace, marine, rail and industrial sectors. The company is committed to remaining a world leader in technology for the internal combustion engine and requires that F-M CP Ltd becomes a sustainably profitable global centre of excellence for driveline electrification within the group. To achieve this F-M CP Ltd needs to continue to develop its world class mechatronics products and development capability, across mechanical, electronics and control/software engineering disciplines while the global vehicle industry continues to explore different strategies for low and zero carbon emission solutions.
p The successful candidate must possess:
- A first degree (BSc/BEng) in a subject relevant to the project/research activity.
- ulli A strong electronics or control systems background with previous automotive or research project experience in hybrid automotive systems. li Show a good level of experience of working in an industrial automotive setting with internal combustion engines and electrical machines li Some basic skills in hybrid systems. li The ability to rapidly fill knowledge gaps in dynamic emissions control of internal combustion engines and have the confidence to quickly assess the most promising solutions. p In addition:
ulli The Associate is expected to play a major role in coordinating the project stakeholders, so will be a competent communicator and able to form productive working relationships. p KTP Associate - The benefits
- Gain valuable experience and highly transferable skills
- Take early responsibility for a high profile project
- Receive mentoring from the company and an experienced academic team
- Opportunity to gain a professional qualification
p It is essential that you understand how KTP works with business and the University. For more information: http://ktp.innovateuk.org/
p Closing date: 19 December
p Interviews will be at the Company premises in Basildon.
p If you have questions about this role email: firstname.lastname@example.org .