Post-doctoral Researcher on Turbulent Combustion Modeling
The Computational Energy and Propulsion Lab (CEPL) in the School of Aeronautics and Astronautics at Purdue University invites application for a post-doctoral researcher to conduct research in the area of turbulent combustion modeling. The main responsibility is to improve an in-house turbulent combustion modeling code and to perform high-fidelity parallel simulations of a laboratory-scale combustion rig. Reduced-order combustion models will then be constructed by using the obtained high-fidelity simulation data that can be used for combustion engine design and optimization. The position is available for one year, with a possibility for renewal up to two additional years contingent upon satisfactory performance and funding. The anticipated starting date is January 2020.
Individuals with expertise in turbulent combustion modeling and a Ph.D. in relevant fields (including but not limited to mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, and aerospace engineering) are encouraged to apply. All candidates must have strong, demonstrated research capability, be a good team player, excellent English written and spoken communication skills, and a Ph.D. in a relevant field, completed within the last three years or soon to be completed.
Highly qualified candidates are sought with the following qualities and expertise:
- Expertise in CFD simulations for turbulence with RANS and/or LES.
- Expertise in turbulent combustion models (e.g., transported PDF method, flamelet models).
- Experience in high-performance computing and data analysis.
- Knowledge in chemical kinetics and fundamentals of turbulence and combustion.
- Advanced computer programming skills in FORTRAN and/or C/C++ and MPI parallelization.
To apply, please email your detailed CV along with the contact of three references in a single PDF file to email@example.com. The subject line of your email should read like this: PURDUE POSTDOC APPLICATION: [Last Name], [First Name] with [Last Name] and [First Name] replaced by your name.
Questions regarding the position should be directed to:
Prof. Haifeng Wang
School of Aeronautics and Astronautics
701 West Stadium Avenue
West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
More searches like this
- Chemical Engineering Postdoc $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in West Lafayette
- Engineering Postdoc $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in West Lafayette
- Mechanical & Electrical Engineering Postdoc $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in West Lafayette
- Aerospace & Automotive Postdoc $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in West Lafayette