Global Analytics & Insights Associate Director, GI
Position: Global Analytics & Insights Associate Director, GI Oncology
Location: Central Cambridge, UK.
Salary: Competitive plus excellent benefits.
At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
The GA&I mission is to improve the quality of the decisions taken on our assets and across our Disease Areas through the provision of excellent market, customer and competitor analytics. This role is based in our Oncology team and will lead the generation of insight and analytics for a single late stage brand or a collection of earlier stage assets.
- Leads the integration of insight and analysis from a variety of sources to inform material decisions through the delivery of robust opportunity focused forecasts. Consolidates a variety of data and information into actionable brand opportunities.
- Develops, delivers and aligns teams for the product/brand forecast and related assumptions based on internal best practice processes triangulating with the most robust data possible to maximize confidence.
- Ensures that forecasts are (i) presented transparently and consistently in line with GA&I standards and best practice (ii) underpinned with an AZ proprietary view of the most important assumptions, based on robust secondary data analytics plus AZ proprietary data sources and intelligence.
- Leads, negotiates and interacts with key local markets to validate forecast assumptions and market understanding.
- Ensures that interpretation of primary market research is generating relevant actionable differentiating insights. Through a closeness to the GBT/GPT and a strong understanding of the therapy area which allows translation of insight gaps into correct questions and a technical expertise in research design and interpretation to generate relevant answers.
- Works closely with the CI Director and Agency analyst, leads the generation of competitive analysis for a brand, ensuring implications are reflected in the forecast and landed in the brand team.
- Provides objective quantitative analyses and leads the development of business cases to determine key opportunities and address critical business issues for the brand and/or TA.
- Leads analyses & evaluations supporting licensing opportunities where relevant.
- Aligns and integrates with TA business insight, competitive intelligence and pricing and market access partners to inform forecast assumptions, brand/TA opportunities and brand performance.
- Leads all performance/KPI development and reporting, including best practice sharing across TAs, enabling a thorough understanding of brand performance and opportunities based on a variety of inputs.
- Develops a deep therapy area knowledge bridging from the clinical development through to commercialization.
- Manages all primary research in accordance with internal AZ compliance policies and best practices, with agreed preferred vendors.
- Remains accountable for personal ongoing professional education in business case development (including development and commercial costs), market research, forecasting and analytics, to ensure the best approaches are always utilized.
PhD in Science or Mathematics Discipline
Similar role in large advisory firm and/or experience in pharmaceutical banking analysis
Apply now to join us and help turn ideas into life changing medicines!
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applications Open: 15th September 2017
Applications Close: 15th October 2017