Remote Role: BI Analyst
I am currently searching for a BI Analyst for a large multinational company that deals in B2B and E-Commerce.
Working as a member of the Business Intelligence and Data Analytics team, the role holder will support decision making right across the whole business. Using their analytics capabilities and drawing on their previous experience, they will play a key role in undertaking profitability, customer behaviour, promotion & pricing analysis.
This role offers the opportunity to join a dynamic expanding team, to apply their data expertise, analytics skills and commercial acumen to make a tangible difference to the business, across all the channels, platforms and markets we operate in. There will be plenty of opportunities for them to learn and progress, developing their skills and experience in partnership with business areas, working on a wide range of exciting and interesting data led projects.
• Deliver high-quality quantitative analysis and models to aid more accurate pricing, support business decisions and drive effective risk management.
• Improve our understanding of customer behaviour, effectiveness of promotions & specials and customer journeys.
• Demonstrate accurate insights and predictions using visualisations and clear presentation of business focused results, recommendations, methods, biases and limitations.
• Bring data insights to life and drive them to be actioned efficiently by delivering scalable solutions such as dashboards, self-service analysis and automated actions.
• Collaborate with key stakeholders to effectively identify areas for improvement and support their strategic objectives.
• Commercial acumen, with strong appetite to use analytics to grow the business.
• Minimum of 2-3 years' experience in a business analytics role.
• Pro-active problem solver with highly analytical mind-set.
• Honours Degree or Masters in a numerate or technical discipline.
• Experience using visualisation tools (e.g. Tableau, Qlikview, PowerBI etc).
• Advanced working knowledge of SQL and manipulating multi-dimensional datasets.
• Knowledge of statistical software and techniques (e.g. in R, Python, C#, VBA etc.).
• Good communication skills with strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Interest or experience in the gambling industry, sports or horse racing a distinct advantage.
In this role you will be working with project managers, developers, architects, product owners and business analysts.
You will be responsible for the planning, development, documentation and execution of integration test plans within test and production online & retail environments.
• Minimum 1/2 years' experience in software testing.
• Experience writing Functional/Integration test plans and test cases for web based platforms, retail platforms and retail till systems.
• Hands-on testing experience in a continuous Integration/Delivery/DevOps environment supporting weekly or daily production deployments.
• Understand test strategies and quality best practices for complex web based platforms, retail platforms and retail till systems.
• Experience delivering software in a mixed waterfall/agile methodology.
• Experience in the retail betting industry preferred but not essential.