Laboratory Systems Developer - REMOTE
My client, a global CRO, is recruiting for a QC IT Systems Specialist/ Laboratory Systems Developer to join their team. This is a full-time permanent position and will support a site based in Dublin but can be fully based remotely.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Lab Systems Developer who is specialist in Empower and Biovia/Smartlab to join the company exclusively for one of their strategic pharmaceutical partners.
You will be dedicated to the client projects, processes, working within their Global teams and systems on behalf of this company.
As Lab Systems Developer you will be responsible for providing technical support in the development and maintenance of various QC lab systems user workflows to support various site manufacturing, stability, method transfer and non routing testing activities to ensure compliance with procedures, methods, specifications, sampling plans, and data reporting requirements for raw material, water, microbial, biologics drug substance and/or biologics drug product testing.
This requires partnering with all levels of laboratory personnel, Information Technology, analytical support teams, and Quality Assurance to ensure processes are designed and maintained for lab systems to meet business and agency requirements with operational efficiency in mind.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Create and maintain lab systems by executing the appropriate change management process to support laboratory testing activities and to ensure business, project and/or investigation/CAPA timelines are met.
• Support review of change controls associated with lab systems, identify system impact, and develop appropriate change actions required to support implementation of the change, including impact to interfacing systems.
• Execute and document appropriate change control and/or verify changes executed by a team member are accurate associated within the lab system.
• Review method/specification changes and work with appropriate SMEs to assess impact to lab systems data set up
• Test changes/enhancements through dry runs and receive feedback from lab users, when required.
Experience & Qualifications required
• Must have a min of a BSc Degree in relevant Science or computer
• Must have a 3+ years similar experience within a similar industry (pharmaceutical/ CRO)
Education and Experience:
• Min. Bachelor's Degree in relevant scientific, computer or engineering program area • Min 3 years relevant experience • Candidate must have proficient experience in the administration and development of lab systems and the understanding of system interfaces and impact of changes on each other. Systems must include:
o Empower Custom Field and Report development
o Biovia LES Method Builder/Smartlab/Velquest
o LIMS Static Data
o MODA, CIMS, etc., understanding of system interfaces and impact of changes to each other.
• Advanced knowledge and in depth understanding of analytical techniques preferred.
• Ability to execute changes in the lab system independently, proactively identify problems, troubleshoot issues, and develop potential solutions.
• Respond to system issues and troubleshoot to identify cause.
For a full Job Spec and to apply for this role please call Zoe on +353 1 2784671 or e-mail email@example.com
Thornshaw Scientific Recruitment is a leading Irish provider of specialist Scientific Recruitment. Part of the CPL Group. www.thornshaw.com Tel: +353 1 2784671