Project Leader - EUV Installs
Manage the installation of facilities at the customer site. Define and maintain safety protocols and standard operating procedures during Installations
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics.
Our main headquarters are located in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we also have 18 office locations around the United States- including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.The Customer Support Organization is responsible for the installation, qualification, repair and maintenance of the ASML systems at customer sites and is responsible for the necessary transfer of know-how to the customer. Local Customer Support branches perform these tasks for the customers within the specific region. As a CS On-site Project Leader you are responsible for the operational management of EUV installations at customer sites. In this role you will use resources from CS Factory, local office CS team and other support organizations.
To Install leading edge lithographic systems, at the customer site, within specifications, on time, with quality exceeding the customer’s expectations.
Your tasks consist of three main activities:
1) Preparation phase:
- Manage the installation of facilities at the customer site.
- Define and maintain safety protocols and standard operating procedures during Installations and have this reviewed by line management.
2) Execution phase:
- Operational planning.
- Provide project planning with pre-defined milestones to the Project manager.
- Convey key milestones to team members (ASML & 3rd party) and coordinate activities to achieve on-time completion.
- Be the ambassador of the Customer Support Installations department.
- Customer Interface.
- Interface with customer providing installation updates, escalation management, and coordinate customer related activities with project team.
- Effectively communicate complex installation and technical details to customers.
- Escalation management.
- Ensure the agreed escalation process is executed.
- Take the lead in escalations that are beyond control of coordinators and team leads, and implement methods and actions that prevent them from recurring.
- Ensure that follow-up actions on reported issues and are on track by partnering with Veldhoven factory assigned coordinator(s).
- Continuous improvement.
- Provide feedback during and at the end of the installation that will enhance future installations, taking costs and cycle time into account.
- Provide performance feedback to line management.
- Provide feedback on PPM targets and suggestions to improve these targets (if needed).
- Coach the team members.
- Coach the team members in maintaining a safe work environment.
- Review the execution phase with the team members on a regular basis.3) Reporting phase:
- Daily progress.
- Daily reporting on project status during the upgrade.
BS degree (Engineering, Metrology, Mathematics, Mechanical, Mechatronics, Electronics, (Applied) Physics) or equivalent experience.
- Experience in a challenging environment with high tech products and complex processes.
- At least 5-10 years’ work experience as a Project Leader.
- Knowledge of semiconductor lithography preferred.
- Mechanical aptitude, and knowledge of electronics, semiconductor processes, and relevant software. Knowledge of safety procedures required.
- Good rapport with people, analytical thinker, structured approach, process oriented, and excels in a dynamic environment.
- Must be flexible, stress resistant, and able to work independent as well as in a team.
- Good knowledge of the English language.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to digest technical details into information that can be used to make business decisions, communicate with customers, and influence others.
- Able to motivate, drive, steer and convince others at all levels of the organization.
- Result driven.
- Keep a global overview of ongoing strategically important issues.
- Strong technical background and drive towards solutions.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Customer focus.
- Good communication skills towards different levels.
- Multicultural awareness.
- Excellent English language skills in speech and writing.
Context of the position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- In this position you report to the Program Manager of CS EUV Installations
- Willingness to travel internationally up to 50%, travel required is dependent on the phase of the Installations project.
- -EEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) Employer.