10 major new medicines planned for launch over the next few years creating new career opportunities for those who want to make a direct impact on patients at scale. We are Novartis. Join us and help reimagine medicine!Job Purpose: The Sales Specialist is self-motivated, business leader that creates a tailored customer experience based on account and Health Care Provider (HCP) needs. As the primary Point of Contact (PoC) in our customer-centric model, the Sales Specialist will engage with customers to identify shared priorities and meet the customer's needs through problem-solving and making connections to Novartis resources with the goal of improving patient outcomes. This will be accomplished through a balance of demand generation and facilitation of the account engagement. The Sales Specialist is responsible for providing solutions to their customers by acting as the key orchestrator of Novartis resources and solutions for a variety of customers, including Health Care Providers, Reimbursement Personnel, Practice Administrators, Key Account, and Integrated Delivery Network Stakeholders and is accountable for working collaboratively to help ensure customer inquiries are solved by the appropriate Novartis Subject Matter Expert (SME). The Sales Specialist is well-versed in the following areas: Clinical Selling, Account Selling, Access Navigation, Problem Solving, Team Orchestration / Collaboration, and Omni-Channel Engagement.This is a remote opportunity. Your Key Responsibilities:
• Facilitate clinical dialogue that compels the customer to act on behalf of their patients and engage the entire account to understand any obstacles that exist, to provide appropriate solutions to ensure customer needs are met.
• Identify shared priorities and leverage knowledge and tactics within full account to develop a strategic territory business plan that drives product demand by meeting the needs of key partners and ultimately their patients to drive superior results.
• Orchestrate in a collaborative manner with territory colleagues, other field-based and home-office personnel teams to proactively address customer needs and provide appropriate access support.
• Analyze territory market data and trends to gain insights into the local business environment, drive pull-through and lead virtual and / or live engagements with customers.
• Lead any required planning meetings with key partners to solve more sophisticated customer problems and work collaboratively across functions to ensure customer needs are met with urgency.
• Apply expertise and knowledge of the marketplace, applicable competitors, industry, and cross-functional activities/plans to anticipate and optimally manage business opportunities and challenges.
• Understands how to leverage systems and omni-channel/multi-channel options.COVID-19 Vaccine Policy (customer-facing roles only): While Novartis does not require vaccination for COVID-19 or proof of a recent negative test result for COVID-19 at this time, employees working in customer-facing roles must adhere to and comply with customers' (such as hospitals, physician offices, etc.) credentialing guidelines, which may require vaccination. As required by applicable law, Novartis will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. This requirement is subject to applicable state and local laws and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions. Please send accommodation requests to Eh.firstname.lastname@example.org.Novartis Compensation and Benefit Summary: The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between: Sales Specialist: $124,000 and $186,000/year | Senior Sales Specialist: $136,800 and $205,200/year | Executive Sales Specialist: $151,200 and $226,800/year; however, while salary ranges are effective from 1/1/23 through 12/31/23, fluctuations in the job market may necessitate adjustments to pay ranges during this period. Further, final pay determinations will depend on various factors, including, but not limited to geographical location, experience level, knowledge, skills, and abilities. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.Accessibility and Reasonable Accommodations: The Novartis Group of Companies are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an e-mail to email@example.com call +1(877)395-2339 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please include the job requisition number in your message.What You'll Bring to the Role:
• Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree a plus.
• 3+ years' experience in sophisticated specialty pharmaceuticals (renal, rare, oncology / hematology preferred), biotech, or a sales role of similar complexity within the last 3 years.
• Strong ability to collaborate and work cross-functionally within a matrix environment and can communicate clinical product information.
• Proven track record of consistent high-performance, and well-versed in navigating and successfully selling to large accounts and key customer segments.
• This is a remote position that will support key accounts in an assigned region. Candidate must reside within territory, or within a reasonable daily commuting distance of 50 miles from territory boarder. Ability to travel 60-80% over a broad geography is required, with the ability to drive and/or fly within the territory. No relocation assistance available. Must have a valid driver's license.Preferred Qualifications:
• Experience in renal or rare disease states, hospital/IDN, account management strategy, and new product launches.
• Broad understanding in patient services, market access, HUB services, specialty pharmacy, reimbursement and/or medical calling on HCPs with respect to a complex product or reimbursement pathway.Leveling Guidelines: the position will be filled at level commensurate with experience. Sales Specialist:
• 3+ years' experience in sophisticated specialty pharmaceuticals (renal, rare, oncology / hematology preferred), biotech, or a sales role of similar complexity within the last 3 years.Senior Sales Specialist:
• 5+ years' experience in sophisticated specialty pharmaceuticals (renal, rare, oncology / hematology preferred), biotech, or a sales role of similar complexity within the last 3 years.Executive Sales Specialist:
• 10+ years' experience in sophisticated specialty pharmaceuticals (renal, rare, oncology / hematology preferred), biotech, or a sales role of similar complexity within the last 3 years.Why Consider Novartis?766 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2021, and while we're proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people's lives. We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working. We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity, and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world's toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying! Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse teams' representative of the patients and communities we serve.Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/networkFor Field Roles with a Dedicated Training Period: The individual hired for this role will be required to successfully complete certain initial training, including home study, in eight (8) or fewer hours per day and forty (40) or fewer hours per week.
Salary: . Date posted: 05/10/2023