This is an exciting opportunity to undertake research at the intersection of digital health, software engineering, data science and regulation, and behavioural science. In line with University strategy, you will support the evaluation of several projects evaluating digital health solutions and supporting patient and public involvement in the introduction of these solutions. You will also support literature reviews and grant applications focused on the evaluation of the design, development and of information systems and healthcare.
In this role you will:
- Develop research questions within a specific context, conduct individual research, analysing detailed and complex qualitative and/or quantitative data from a variety of sources, and generate original ideas by building on existing concepts.
- Manage own academic research and administrative activities, including small scale project management to co-ordinate multiple aspects of work to meet deadlines and primary data collection exercises and fieldwork.
- Carry out high quality individual and/or collaborative research (including with colleagues in other institutions).
- Write funding applications for new research projects, and negotiate with external bodies.
- Support and engage in research methodologies that add to the knowledge/understanding of the subject area.
- Regularly disseminate findings by taking the lead in preparing high quality publication materials for referred journals and book chapters, presenting results at conferences (including national and international), or exhibiting work at other appropriate events.
- Represent the research network at external meetings/seminars.
- Develop and sustain links with relevant industries and organisations to grow collaborations, employability and funding support.
- Conduct research related administration e.g. risk assessment, organisation of meetings and documentation, and ensure accurate and timely formal reporting and financial control.
- Contribute to the wider development of research activity and the development of research strategy of the research group.
We are looking for someone with experience in:
- Developing track record of published research at the appropriate level.
- Experience of raising research funds through making grant applications.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write for publication, present research proposals and results, and represent the research network at meetings and conferences.
- Developing track record of successful engagement with key research stakeholders, both internally and externally.
Please demonstrate how you meet the essential criteria outlined in the knowledge, qualifications, training and experience elements of the in your supporting statement.
For an informal discussion to find out more about the role then please contact Dr Edward Meinert by email firstname.lastname@example.org .
We offer a competitive salary package and a generous pension and holiday scheme. We also offer a range of other benefits, including ongoing development opportunities.
This is a full-time position working 37 hours per week on a fixed-term basis for a period of 2 years due to the nature of the funding.
Flexible working options including job share will be considered.
Interviews are likely to take place on 5 th October 2020 and you will be notified if you have been shortlisted or not.
Please note, due to the COVID-19 pandemic the University is currently implementing a number of safety measures as per Government advice therefore the successful applicant may be required to work from home in the first instance.
The University of Plymouth is committed to equality of opportunity, promoting a diverse and inclusive culture, demonstrated through our commitment to the gender equality Athena SWAN Charter and as a Stonewall diversity champion. All applications will be judged solely on merit, however, we particularly welcome applications from groups currently under-represented in the workforce, for example black and minority ethnic groups.
University of Plymouth holds a TEF (Teaching Excellence and Student Outcomes Framework) Silver by the Office for Students.
Additional Faculty Information
Send to a friend
Job title Research Fellow in Digital Health