Mendeley Event Registration
Welcome to the Mendeley Advisors event platform! As Advisors, you regularly share Mendeley know-how through organizing training events and workshops in your research community. We love to support your activities by providing a way to showcase and manage your events - now via Elsevier's own Researcher Academy platform.
- You can easily manage and promote your event with your own event dashboard, automated email communications to participants, and the ability to change your event details
- You can take advantage of features that allow you to share resources with attendees
- Certificates of completion are automatically generated for attendees after the event!
- You can request Mendeley giveaways- nice and useful items for everyday use that your participants will love
- It helps us understand where and how Mendeley is making a difference in researcher's lives
Below is a Quick Start Guide to help you get up and running with your Mendeley workshops. A detailed guide with illustrations and FAQ support is available here.
Quick Start Guide
Before you start, have these things ready:
✓ the Description of your workshop - e.g., what you'll teach and the intended participant audience
✓ if using online video conferencing or webinar services, a URL reservation link and passcode
✓ URL links for any online resources you want to share: advance instructions, any form you want people to fill in, materials for downloading. For example, you may want to provide links to download Mendeley Reference Manager and Mendeley Cite
✓ Add (optional) any promotional image you want to share in the form of a PDF, Word or PowerPoint file (no .jpeg or .png files). You can find current Mendeley colors and logo in the Teaching Materials on the Advisor Resource Page.
Submit an event
Steps to follow to create your event:
- Click the “Submit an event” button above or go to the Mendeley Advisors special link and sign in. If it's your first visit, you will activate your account on the Researcher Academy platform. Use your existing Mendeley credentials and complete the Welcome form. You will receive an activation email from Researcher Academy. Open that email and click on “Start Learning Today” to complete activation of your Researcher Academy account. From this point forward, you will sign into your account directly from the above link.
- On the Researcher Academy home page (pictured above), click on your name in the upper right corner, then click “Manage Workshops”.
- Your event dashboard will appear with the sentence “You have not created any workshops yet. Click here to create your first workshop” - click “here” in the sentence.
- Fill in the fields with the requested information.
- Add any URL links or downloadable materials you wish to provide.
- Click “Submit for Review” to save the event in the system.
- On the next window, click “Request Publication”
Certificates: At the end of your workshop, you will want to share the unique workshop code with participants so that they can download their certificates after the event is over. They'll automatically receive an email to remind them. You can find the code under the “Details” tab on your event page. If you need to change any of the information on your event page, just go back to “Manage Workshops” to get to your dashboard and then “Edit” the event. Submit it again to be published (“Submit for review”), and we will see and approve your changes. Last but not least! Don't forget to email us a few of your best event photos or nice comments about Mendeley! We love to share these with our team, and may highlight the best stories in the Mendeley Advisors Group on LinkedIn or Mendeley Blog.
- Once we review your event, we'll publish it, and you'll get a confirmation email (This can take up to 3 business days).
- Share the link from your email to promote your event and allow people to register for it.
- You'll also have a link to manage your event: you can see the number of registrations, add or change details, and note the unique workshop code you can give to participants so they can download their certificates later.
- If the event is 4 weeks or more away, you can Request Mendeley Merchandise to give away at your workshop.